Is there a word that can contain such meaning?

closed as off-topic by Kris, tchrist Mar 14 '18 at 13:55

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    Bifurcate, bisect, halve, hemisect. – Araucaria Mar 14 '18 at 8:32
  • What's the something? – KarlG Mar 14 '18 at 9:34
  • There's always "divide". Or apportion equally. This must be a very good use to put a dictionary and a thesaurus. – Xanne Mar 14 '18 at 9:52

Try looking for synonyns of halve or bisect.


As the other answer says, halve and bisect are good candidates. Other synonyms from WordNet dictionary are:

  • biramous
  • branched
  • forked
  • fork-like
  • forficate
  • pronged
  • prongy
  • furcate
  • separate
  • ramify
  • 3
    Yes, but those words are mostly adjectives. The questioner wanted a verb. – Kate Bunting Mar 14 '18 at 9:23

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.