I'm looking for a word to describe a person who helps another person to focus?

Example usage:

"It's amazing to work with Jane. She's such a good ______, what with her ability to help her team focus on exactly what's needed to move the company forward."

I had thought about the word focuser, which if you Google it, will lead to the Crayford focuser, "a simplified focusing mechanism for amateur astronomical telescopes."

Is there another word that fits a person who helps another person focus?

  • Ben, hat did your dictionaries, thesauruses and search engines leave unclear there, please? Obvious examples might be "leader/mentor/coach" but why are you treating ELL like a dictionary? – Robbie Goodwin Mar 27 '18 at 21:19

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.