If every month, I am allowed to pay my rent anytime between the 20th of that month and the 30th of that month, then what to call that 10 days period?

  • I can't imagine someone not taking your money earlier.
    – John
    Mar 13 '18 at 2:01
  • @John this is just an example, my mother tongue is not English. I am trying to translate some parts of my information system to English for foreign customers.
    – Tu Anh
    Mar 13 '18 at 2:28
  • You can call it 'a window.' 'You must (do this etc) within this window each month.'
    – Hugh
    Mar 13 '18 at 2:31
  • The straightforward '10-day period' works. What nuance would you like in the term you're asking for?
    – Lawrence
    Mar 13 '18 at 5:32
  • or a 'grace period' after which your payment in late.
    – lbf
    Mar 13 '18 at 12:02

I would use the term payment window.

Here is an example of its usage:

The Commons Treasury Committee has accused the chancellor of delaying introduction of the 30-day payment window for CGT on disposals of residential property to help the government meet its fiscal rule deadline in 2020/21.

The new requirement for payment on account within 30 days of completion of chargeable residential property disposals was originally announced at Autumn Statement 2015 and intended to take effect in April 2019. The Autumn Budget announced a deferral of the change by one year, until April 2020.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.