So, I'm looking for a word or phrase that might mean "an aggressive amount". To explain, I'm trying to find a word or phrase that might mean an excessive amount of something, delivered with force, or somewhat chaotically.

For example, a burst dam - the water would flow out in a huge wave; both excessive and with a huge amount of force.

  • Have you tried looking up synonyms for 'flood' and 'surge'? – Edwin Ashworth Mar 8 '18 at 1:18
  • See Schlock Mercenary for occasional references to overkill and other ways to say copious amounts of *ahem* diplomacy – Will Crawford Mar 8 '18 at 2:11
  • "Amount" itself can never be "aggressive" -- it's the flow that can be. – Kris Mar 8 '18 at 9:53

Torrent may be an option. It works specifically for water but can also apply to almost anything.

  • How is the word defined? Can you please cite the source? – Kris Mar 8 '18 at 9:54
  • Torrent - a tumultuous outpouring; a violent stream of liquid. Merriam-Webter – Brad C. Mar 9 '18 at 2:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.