How can you predict which verbs take which type of infinitive as their complements? For example, is the to before open here mandatory, forbidden, or optional?
- The Gold Monetization Scheme will be revamped to enable people open a hassle-free gold deposit account.
- The Gold Monetization Scheme will be revamped to enable people to open a hassle-free gold deposit account.
In other words, does the verb enable:
- take only a bare-infinitive complement the way let does?
- take only a to-infinitive complement the way allow does?
- take an optional to before its infinitive complement the way help does?
How can you tell which verb does which thing?