Okay, So I am in often in a conversation with this person. But I have now realized that all our talks have been futile because he keeps on repeating the same topics. Topics I have talked about before.

I just want to tell him you are 'x word' and don't want to continue having conversations with him.

  • This is a poor question for our site because there can be no one right answer to this. More importantly, there is no way that having us provide you with a long and random list of rude words for you to call someone is going to solve the problem that you're having with that person. You should consider visiting our site dealing with Interpersonal Skills instead. No magic word can fix this. – tchrist Jan 28 '18 at 15:17

The person is a poor conversationalist:

one who converses a great deal or who excels in conversation a witty conversationalist

| improve this answer | |

I would call them a bore, but probably not to their face because I am too polite.


bore: noun, a person whose talk or behavior is dull and uninteresting.

| improve this answer | |
  • Exactly, that's why I prefer the term poindexter, because it is a playful insult. – Jesse Ivy Jan 29 '18 at 3:40
  • @JesseIvy, but I don't think poindexter is really appropriate to this situation. I think a poindexter is someone who is overly academic or pedantic, but doesn't necessarily repeat themselves a lot. A poindexter could actually say a lot of interesting stuff but at inappropriate times or to the wrong audience. – David Hammond Jan 29 '18 at 15:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.