This question already has an answer here:

Looking for a word that describes a person who disliked other humans.A misogynist hates women, what do we call someone who dislikes people in general?

marked as duplicate by choster, Nigel J, Laurel, Drew, tchrist single-word-requests Jan 25 '18 at 22:22

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    Welcome to EL&U. I strongly recommend you take the site tour and review the help center for guidance on writing strong questions, and in particular our guidance for single word requests. – choster Jan 25 '18 at 20:31

The word you are looking for is misanthropist or misanthrope. Dictionary.com gives your definition directly; Oxford and Merriam-Webster link the word to misanthrope.

  • Thank you so much. It was blocked from consciousness for days. – Peter Coyote Jan 25 '18 at 20:33
  • If this solves your issue, please accept the answer by clicking the checkmark under the voting arrows. You get a slight boost in reputation from it, and it shows that the answer was satisfactory and useful to you. (It also gives me a boost in reputation, which is nice, but not the primary reason for accepting answers.) – Jeff Zeitlin Jan 26 '18 at 12:25

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.