The term "lower part of panties" is common according to Google. Is that how it's commonly referred? Or the part under an underwear has a name?

  • Are you just asking what we call the small undergarment worn on the legs, or are you talking about the lowermost portion of that garment?
    – tchrist
    Jan 18, 2018 at 14:23
  • @tchrist The lowermost portion of the garment (where the crotch rests).
    – alex
    Jan 18, 2018 at 14:24
  • I would have called it the gusset, but as only the Urban Dictionary backs me up on that one, I'll just leave it as a comment for future viewers who are not of a nervous disposition!
    – JonLarby
    Jan 19, 2018 at 10:07

1 Answer 1


Judging by Wikipedia, we call it simply "the crotch":

enter image description here

  • 1
    My crotch is stuck in my crotch. Metonymy gone mad. Jan 18, 2018 at 15:29
  • @EdwinAshworth - You're getting awfully crotchety.
    – Hot Licks
    Jan 23, 2018 at 2:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.