I am participating in an email thread debating a technical problem with multiple solutions. In a recent message, one of the participants expressed an opinion I agree with.

Another participant responded with

I would like to second John. The following happened to me a while ago, and his solution would solve this case: ...

I would like to express a favourable opinion as well, and looking for the right term.

Can the expression to second (someone) be expressed more than once in an ongoing correspondence?

  • You can agree with John as well. You can also second John. – Lawrence Jan 14 '18 at 10:45
  • You can third John :) – Adi219 Jan 14 '18 at 16:17

You can say you concur


Be of the same opinion; agree.

‘the authors concurred with the majority’ - OLD


I concur with John and the name of the other paricipant...

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.