I want to state that I have graduated from university, and I have master’s degree.

Is it correct to state: “Master of Architecture Graduate” ???
And longer as: “Master of Architecture Graduate from SRBIAU...” ???

The part that bothers me and makes me think my sentence is wrong, is the “graduate” part, which I’m not sure if works in this context...

  • (I am an) M.Arch., SRBIAU – StoneyB Dec 15 '17 at 23:09

I can only speak for the British system. In the UK the word graduate applies only to the first degree (the BA/BSc). The normal way to express what you want to say is: I have a Master’s degree in architecture from X University.

  • I want to make it short as an statement, not a full sentence. – Audrina Dec 15 '17 at 22:09
  • Then “MA or MSc in architecture from X university.” – Tuffy Dec 15 '17 at 22:23
  • And because a master's degree in architecture is separate from the arts and sciences (usually) you get to make it even shorter: M.Arch from X University. – Unrelated Dec 16 '17 at 0:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.