I've been futilely searching around for a word for someone who readily embraces change, or, is enthusiastic about it. I thought about an antonym for metathesiophobic, which is fear of change, but I couldn't even find anything for that. "Metathesiophilia" doesn't seem to be a word. Any suggestions?

  • 2
    Someone who embraces change is a panhandler. – Hot Licks Dec 7 '17 at 1:09
  • Could you supply a sample sentence in which the proposed word would fit ? I am unclear as to what part of speech you want. – Nigel J Dec 7 '17 at 1:10
  • @HotLicks Nice. I hadn't thought of that usage. – itsmikem Dec 7 '17 at 1:25
  • @NigelJ Just a singular noun. I don't have a sentence for it. It's going in an infographic. – itsmikem Dec 7 '17 at 1:26
  • 1
    This is a good example of problems with an swr without an example sentence. – Xanne Dec 7 '17 at 5:17

Believe it or not, progressive is actually the word you're looking for. A person who is progressive is one who favors change or innovation. Just look it up in any online dictionary if don't believe me. And right under the definition, there is a list of synonyms. Among them you will find terms such as modernistic and progressivist that might work for you just as well.

| improve this answer | |
  • The OLD has this list for synonyms for progressive: innovator, reformer, reformist, liberal, libertarian, progressivist, progressionist, leftist, left-winger. This answer is misleading. – Xanne Dec 7 '17 at 5:19
  • Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Take your pick. – Michael Rybkin Dec 7 '17 at 5:22

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.