The sentence is:

He suddenly showed an extremely shocked expression."

Are there any good replacement for the verb/the phrase, like using "look", or "face" instead of "expression".

  • Suddenly he looked extremely shocked. – Weather Vane Nov 25 '17 at 20:37
  • He suddenly appeared/looked shocked. Suddenly, shock appeared on his face. Shock showed on his face. Shock took over his countenance. – aparente001 Nov 26 '17 at 4:30

I think you can use "mien" instead of expression.

  • @Nigel J "He suddenly showed an extremely shocked mien." is a good answer? – Edwin Ashworth Nov 26 '17 at 5:50
  • "a low-browed, frowning mien"google.co.uk/… – Nigel J Nov 26 '17 at 7:47
  • why not? Edwin Ashworth – user55439 Nov 26 '17 at 17:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.