I have visa consultancy firm with a team who handle all inquiries on phone. They take requirements of the client, note down and also consult sometimes with the help of consultants. What can we call a job position who handle inquiries? I thought of this 'Inquiry Handler' but I think it doesn't sound good for on-paper designation. Can you suggest something better?

Example sentence:

The firm employs twenty {Inquiry Handlers} who take phone calls from clients, noting down their requirements and helping them (sometimes with the assistance of consultants).

  • 1
    You need to include an example sentence, where you would use this word, or your question will likely be closed @Datt.
    – Gary
    Commented Nov 23, 2017 at 10:31
  • @Gary I can't think of example sentence. I just need better word or phrase for the mentioned job position.
    – Datt
    Commented Nov 23, 2017 at 18:59
  • Customer Service Representative. Customer Care Specialist/Professional
    – Jim
    Commented Nov 24, 2017 at 0:06
  • Are you talking about telephone operators / receptionists, or requirements analysis and the like?
    – Lawrence
    Commented Jun 23, 2018 at 4:04

1 Answer 1


It´s a part of the "Customer Relations Management" and it is called client-service. Inqueries of all kind will be handled instantly or forwarded to the appropriate department. Even inhouse or internal enquiries could be handled depending on the amount of requests.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.