I'm translating a text about a pallet racking system. One sentence goes like this:

Крепление стеллажей к полу осуществить через металлические подпятники с помощью химических анкеров.

Attach the racks to the floor via metallic "underheels" using chemical anchors.

I googled and these "underheels" look like the ones in the pictures below. The metallic thingies bolted to the pallet rack columns. These metallic thingies are then attached to the concrete floor using chemical anchors.

What do I call them in English? Multitran's entry for подпятник has many options, and I don't know which to pick.

enter image description here enter image description here

  • 1
    I would call them "anchors".
    – Hot Licks
    Commented Nov 18, 2017 at 13:31
  • @HotLicks - no, the sentence already mentions chemical anchors. The "underheels" are the metallic "boots" that are bolted to the rack columns. Commented Nov 18, 2017 at 13:33
  • 3
    "Anchors" is what I would call them in English. The chemical is "adhesive".
    – Hot Licks
    Commented Nov 18, 2017 at 13:36
  • 3
    @HotLicks as far as I understand, by "chemical anchors" the authors mean bolts combined with adhesive chemicals. And they seem to be called chemical anchors in English.. although I only came across the term today. Commented Nov 18, 2017 at 13:39
  • @HotLicks - maybe I should call the metallic pad thingies "anchor plates" to distinguish them from "chemical anchors" (bolts) Commented Nov 18, 2017 at 13:41

2 Answers 2


They are called baseplates.


An upright frame has at least (2) baseplates used to anchor the pallet rack to the floor for stability. The size of the baseplate is based on seismic forces and the loads placed on the pallet rack. Engineers should check the design to make sure the proper baseplate is specified for the pallet racking.

UNARCO: Components of a Rack System


I thought it would be called a flange, but it seems that 90-degree mounting plate or mounting bracket is a better fit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.