I have a table with website banner advertising rates. There are two sub-columns: one is titled "Start page" (the price of the banner is higher if it is placed on the start page) and "Section pages" (Russian term which means that the banner is placed on a "non-start" page, in some of the website's sections accessed from the start page).

What does one call these pages in English? Is there a special term, or maybe one simply calls them "ordinary pages"?

enter image description here

  • 3
    Arrrgh! The main page is called the landing page, but I don't know about others. I would just call them content pages (unless they have other purposes, such as help pages).
    – Mick
    Nov 17, 2017 at 9:24
  • @Mick - I think that a website can have several landing pages, so it's probably better to call it home page or "start page", because the Russian phrase clearly means "main page". Thanks for "content pages"! Nov 17, 2017 at 9:48
  • @Mari-LouA - thank you! I always make this mistake, because in Russian we use the word "how" there. ))) Nov 17, 2017 at 9:49

1 Answer 1


"Subpages" would work. Or '"all other pages"

You can also talk about

  • "Level 1 page" i.e. main page
  • "Level 2 pages" linked from start page, or header menu
  • "Level 3 pages" linked from level 2

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.