Why these sentences are not in Passive Voice?
- The sentences which begin with there is, there are, there was, there were, there will be
- The sentences which end with adjectives. e.g. Are the articles written by the chief good?
- The sentences which end with possessive pronouns+noun. I guess without by.
- The sentences which end with mine, yours, his, hers, ours, theirs.
I am preparing for an exam and my teacher gave me these rules. And I never met these rules on Internet before. But our government exam is mainly focused on this topic. Especially about adjectives. Example of the test:
Choose the sentences in the Passive Voice?
- Were your nieces invited to the party?
- Were your nieces invited to the party happy?
- Were you taught music by her?
- Were the pupils taught by her talented?
Our teacher just gave these rules without explanation. I am wondering if there is any reason for using these rules. Why we cannot begin Passive Voice with there is, there are and so on.