Some suitcases and briefcases have metal reinforcements at the corner, sometimes in gold, sometimes in silver. Is there a specific word in English for those or should I simply say "....with golden metal reinforcements at the corner..."?

vintage Luis Vuitton case with brass corners

  • Could you please capitalize the word English in your question title? If you want to write on an English forum, make the best effort to use good English. Oct 26 '17 at 3:20
  • The metal corners, the most common term, are either in brass, nickel or nickel-plated.
    – Mari-Lou A
    Oct 26 '17 at 9:13
  • Thank you Mari-Lou. This forum, however, seems to have a unwelcoming and inhospitible atmosphere. I am looking for another place to learn. Bye.
    – user263419
    Oct 27 '17 at 1:14

There doesn't seem to be a specific word for this. Looking at products, I'm seeing:

You could use any of these and be understood.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy