Some suitcases and briefcases have metal reinforcements at the corner, sometimes in gold, sometimes in silver. Is there a specific word in English for those or should I simply say "....with golden metal reinforcements at the corner..."?

vintage Luis Vuitton case with brass corners

  • Could you please capitalize the word English in your question title? If you want to write on an English forum, make the best effort to use good English. – Arm the good guys in America Oct 26 '17 at 3:20
  • The metal corners, the most common term, are either in brass, nickel or nickel-plated. – Mari-Lou A Oct 26 '17 at 9:13
  • Thank you Mari-Lou. This forum, however, seems to have a unwelcoming and inhospitible atmosphere. I am looking for another place to learn. Bye. – user263419 Oct 27 '17 at 1:14

There doesn't seem to be a specific word for this. Looking at products, I'm seeing:

You could use any of these and be understood.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy