I'm doing an English subtitle for my short film. There's this scene where a notorious character is trying to act like a good person but another guy who's used to know him tells sarcastically [a literal translation] "Have you become a human?" What is a good slang/expression for such a
This typically doesn't come up in discussion:
- "Are you becoming a human?" //directed toward a cold person
- "Do I sense a little emotion?" //for someone who exhibits a cold shoulder
- "Do I detect kindness?" //for someone who seems robotic
- "Oh, so you're human now?" //for someone who is a sociopath
- "Woke up with feelings today did we?" //not really the same.
- "Finally, a real boy?" //a play on Pinnochio
- "That's noble." //Response to the phrase, but not a direct translation
- "Are you for real?" //calling someone on their atypical response.
- "For real?" //shortened version of the last one, more slang.