What’s the proper name for the gadget used in salons to wash hair? Picture a comb with a hose on it, maybe a strap for the hand. Water comes out very gently across the face, not really a spray at all.

If it doesn’t have a distinct term in the industry, what would be a good name for it?

To clarify: suppose a spa has several “regular” un-dockable shower heads (e.g. Waterpick Elite) and one like I described. What does a word-concious person call the special one?

It doesn’t (in normal use) spray. Rather, the water runs gently (ooze, soak, seep).

  • Salon shower heads? I have never seen one that includes a comb. Although there is a patent for a water comb google.com/patents/US6244273 – skymningen Oct 16 '17 at 11:48
  • 1
    I don't think I've seen one with a built in comb either (that does sound more like a pet grooming product), but are you thinking of a hand spray? eg directsalonfurniture.co.uk/backwash-units/rem-handspray-hose/… – Max Williams Oct 16 '17 at 12:16
  • 1
    The one I linked to is for hairdressers. – Max Williams Oct 17 '17 at 8:07
  • 1
    @JDługosz well, they do serve a very similar function, so it makes sense that they would look somewhat alike. – Hellion Oct 17 '17 at 16:22
  • 1
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it asks for specialized industry-specific terminology. – Xanne Oct 22 '17 at 6:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.