Searching for a noun which describes the letter-casing of words, I came across
casing (without a prefix) and
Searching several dictionaries and translation services,
casing seems odd to me, as it refers to other meanings.
casing is commonly used here on english SE to ask whether a word is capitalized or not, I'm still asking myself:
casing a valid alternative to
Can I say something like:
- Please fix the casing in your text
as alternative to
- Please fix the capitalization in your text
Which one is commonly used?
Here are some examples, where I found 'casing' as a word referring to the capitalization of words:
- Who decides the casing of newly coined words?
- What is the correct casing when there are brackets involved?
- Title-Casing "ad hoc"
- What's the etymology of English letter casing terminology?
Found this one on wiktionary:
casing (plural casings)
- (uncountable, computing) The collective states of upper and lower case letters. The replacement string should have the same casing as the matched text.