What is a formal variant of "watered down". Can you use it in a sentence?

closed as off-topic by Chenmunka, Mitch, Andrew Leach Oct 4 '17 at 11:36

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Why was I downvoted? – J. Doe. Oct 4 '17 at 11:17
  • 2
    Welcome to EL&U stack exchange! Questions asking for definitions or synonyms of words without context or prior research are very likely to be downvoted – as4s4hetic Oct 4 '17 at 11:20

"Diluted" is pretty much synonymous.

Taking her glass to the sink she diluted the wine with tap water. That made it better.

-- The Man Whose Teeth Were All Exactly Alike (Philip K. Dick, 2014)

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.