Is there a single word for changing flow from descending to ascending?

I have a bunch of data and it is ordered A-Z, descending. When I press a button, it reverses and is now ordered Z-A, ascending.

It just made me wonder, is there a single word to describe this process of changing from descending to ascending to also back again?

I understand reverse, flip, change or perhaps invert would work fine, I just want to know if there's a specific word for this process.

  • Did you just reverse the meaning of ascending and descending? Ascending would be A-Z – Stefan Sep 21 '17 at 17:49
  • Typically, a flow is said to reverse. It is reversed or it reverses. – Lambie Sep 21 '17 at 18:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.