I need to find the proper abstract noun that can describe rules that are either issued at ministry level in some government and laws that are issued at the nation/presidential level.
After making some research on dictionaries and Wikipedia I found that:
- Law is only at the country level not at ministry level (My understanding)
- Rule can better be used for lower authorities (My understanding)
- Pronouncement does not necessarily imply rules
- Edict "often associated with monarchism, but it can be under any official authority."
- Decree "usually issued by a head of state"
- Proclamation "usually issued in the name of the head of state"
I checked also ordinance, dictum, ruling with no luck to get a clear idea
I need a term that can be generally accepted for use in most countries in official use (like in courts)
If it is hard to find a term that can generally fit, let's consider Egypt.