I have some set which contains two elements "successor" and "predecessor". How can I name the set? Maybe "Sequent"?

  • I'd call it a "set".
    – Hot Licks
    Sep 19, 2017 at 23:17
  • In general, the name given to a set does not have to describe mathematical or logical properties among the elements of the set. So I am not even sure I understand the question so I cannot venture a sensible answer. Sep 19, 2017 at 23:52
  • off-by-oner?...
    – Drew
    Sep 20, 2017 at 0:31
  • You might say "adjacencies".
    – Hot Licks
    Sep 20, 2017 at 1:01

1 Answer 1


Sequent seems to connote subsequent more than antecedent. For something more generic, how about Adjacent?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.