I have some set which contains two elements "successor" and "predecessor". How can I name the set? Maybe "Sequent"?

  • I'd call it a "set". – Hot Licks Sep 19 '17 at 23:17
  • In general, the name given to a set does not have to describe mathematical or logical properties among the elements of the set. So I am not even sure I understand the question so I cannot venture a sensible answer. – Jeff Morrow Sep 19 '17 at 23:52
  • off-by-oner?... – Drew Sep 20 '17 at 0:31
  • You might say "adjacencies". – Hot Licks Sep 20 '17 at 1:01

Sequent seems to connote subsequent more than antecedent. For something more generic, how about Adjacent?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.