What do you call this kind of clotheslines?

enter image description here

Source: http://righthere2014.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-194.html

(They are often used in Japan and other Asian countries.)

  • I'd call that a "clothes rod".
    – Hot Licks
    Sep 19, 2017 at 13:06

1 Answer 1


Perhaps "a (hanging) (clothes) rack"

e.g. "I saw a pair of trousers on the rack in my size."

  • Your example seems to be about clothes in a shop. The example picture is drying clothes on a balcony. Your answer probably needs further explanation as to how these are the same. Also (as noted on one of your other answers) please consider including a dictionary definition with a link to it, where appropriate and possible.
    – AndyT
    Sep 19, 2017 at 13:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.