I found this switch in South India. It is not moving and also I don't know how to use it.

enter image description here

(click on image to enlarge it)

What is the single name for this switch thing ?

  • 4
    Did you know that there's a home improvement SE site? Identification questions seem to be on topic there, so it might be best to delete this question and ask there instead because I think the answer will probably involve domain-specific knowledge. (But that's just my thoughts...) – Laurel Sep 16 '17 at 4:07
  • It says "million" in the bottom right corner. There's a company called "Million electronics" based in Chennai. (Googling "million electronics" gave it as the first hit.) If it doesn't do anything, perhaps it's an old switch or wall outlet that was capped for safety and left vestigial on the wall. – RaceYouAnytime Sep 16 '17 at 4:12
  • 2
    The symbol looks like a fuse symbol. – Stefan Sep 16 '17 at 6:49
  • 3
    This question belongs on another site in the Stack Exchange network – marcellothearcane Sep 16 '17 at 9:11

It is a fuse, not a switch. The symbol is the electrical symbol for a fuse.

One can google using the search words "indian fuse house" and get a lot of images of fuses.

Compare the ones in this image to the image in the question.


| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.