I need a word for "located outside of the body." For instance, blood found outside of the body can be described using this word.

Thank you.

  • 1
    Extracorporeal, perhaps? – Hot Licks Sep 14 '17 at 12:14
  • @Hot Licks: are you guessing or uncertain of what extracorporeal means? – ealy Sep 14 '17 at 12:20
  • @ealy - Have you looked it up? – Hot Licks Sep 14 '17 at 12:25
  • 1
    @ealy - I don't do answers -- too much work! – Hot Licks Sep 14 '17 at 12:28
  • 1
    @Hot Licks: are you sure that using comments instead of answers is consistent with the rules of ESE? – ealy Sep 14 '17 at 12:31

I think that what you are looking at is extracorporeal, as suggested by Hot Licks


Something that is outside the body, such as extracorporeal circulation in which venous blood is diverted outside the body to a heart-lung machine and returned to the body through a femoral or other artery.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.