Suppose I'm developing a method of covering a symmetric object with a coating. Commonly you'd have to put the coating on the front of the object, rotate it, and do the back. My method processes both sides at the same time. I need a single word to describe it:

The novel method of _____ coating provides a 120% efficiency increase.

I was thinking about bilateral, the definition states that it means something "located on opposite sides of an axis" - will it be clear enough? The word needs to not hint not only at the fact of doing something at opposing locations, but also with mirrored alignments.

1 Answer 1


Double-sided works for me. Or perhaps dual coating.

"Bilateral" is too strongly associated with politics and trade for its literal meaning to be used.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.