Ever gone to Walmart or Walgreens and developed a set of pictures? I'm looking for a word the package of pictures that is produced as a bundle, with the pictures and negatives.

Words like set or bundle come to mind but don't seem to fit exactly and gallery doesn't seem to either.

  • 1
    I don't know of a word for such a set, offhand. But it used to be that each such "set" corresponded to one roll of film.
    – Drew
    Aug 29 '17 at 3:47
  • 6
    Set works, actually - e.g. "two sets of prints".
    – Lawrence
    Aug 29 '17 at 7:21
  • I also thought roll. You used a word, package, which I think fits nicely, so long as there is context for its contents.
    – jxh
    Aug 29 '17 at 22:28
  • 1
    Set, as Lawrence said. Set of pictures or set of prints or set of negatives or pretty-much anything you like… How could making them pictures and prints change anything significant, please? Aug 30 '17 at 21:09
  • 1
    I've seen "prints" on its own, eg "You can pick up your prints after 2 hours". Nov 27 '17 at 9:16

Perhaps a "booklet," "folder," or "envelope" of photos?

  • This should really be a comment with the current formatting. Could you add a definition for each word with why it's appropriate? Feb 25 '18 at 12:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.