Many bar tops have a hinged section of bartop that can be lifted for entry and egress of servers to the back of the bar. Anyone know the name of this?


This is a good question. After some research and the help of a reverse dictionary, I found the following possibilities:

  • bar/counter hatch
  • counter door
  • bar/counter flap

bar flap noun

The part of a bar counter (typically at one of its short sides) which lifts upwards on a hinge to allow access behind the counter.

Source: Oxford Dictionaries


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.