What is the name of these type of advertising stands, or, to put it another way, how would you call them?

To clarify, there are two types of objects (shown in the link in ascending order):

  1. Table promotional stands
  2. Outside ground advertising stands

Of course, they could be called the way I referred to them, but maybe the community could propose a better term or the term that they have been using but is not an "officially approved" way of using the word.

  • 1
    I would call them "placards". You can consult a thesaurus for other ideas.
    – Hot Licks
    Aug 19, 2017 at 11:43
  • I think the first type are called 'menu holders' as that's their usual function. Aug 19, 2017 at 14:19
  • @EdwinAshworth 'menu holders' must be the type of sidewalk stands that have a menu on them, but I am talking about the promotional stand. Thanks for your help, anyway!
    – Eduard
    Aug 19, 2017 at 18:27
  • Must they? Aug 19, 2017 at 20:32

2 Answers 2


Commercially they are called "A-Frame Signs," or "A-Frame Outdoor Signs," also often referred to as "Floor Stands," "Sidewalk Signs," and "Banner Stands."

Google these terms and see if they meet your specifications.


Kiosks have several uses, one of which is "a thick, columnlike structure on which notices, advertisements, etc., are posted." Dictionary.com

At a trade show, a booths would be "a stall, compartment, or light structure for the sale of goods or for display purposes, as at a market, exhibition, or fair." Dictionary.com

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.