Is there a word to describe a sad or an ironic giggle as if you're actually hurt but still find the situation funny in a way?


2 Answers 2


chuckled ruefully

rue·ful·ly ˈro͞ofəlē/ adverb: in a way that expresses sorrow or regret, especially in a wry or humorous manner.


I can't suggest a single word for the same. I would rather suggest "a melancholic laugh". As melancholic means gloomy.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.