When you go to a restaurant and you want to pay by card, in american English, what do ask the waiter for? for them to please bring the card machine? or card terminal? or any other term?

  • 1
    english.stackexchange.com/questions/133279/… – user250284 Jul 31 '17 at 17:30
  • neither, you usually ask for check or bill – depperm Jul 31 '17 at 17:31
  • The terminology for a table-side credit card reader is not established. Just ask for your check and let the server suggest options. – Hot Licks Jul 31 '17 at 17:33
  • thanks but i meant the machine itself – randomguy04 Jul 31 '17 at 17:33

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.