What is a single word for a person who is always dizzy or high? I am sure it is not the same as a person who drinks a lot. Here Always means without an end.

  • Do you mean someone who is always using drugs?
    – user10893
    Aug 29, 2011 at 11:01
  • 1
    Dizzy and high are pretty may have similar effects, but they are very different things.
    – T.E.D.
    Aug 29, 2011 at 12:40
  • If drugs aren't central to the person's behaviour, I'd go for ditzy, otherwise druggie Aug 29, 2011 at 14:10
  • 1
    "Dizzy and high" will yield a whole raft and flavor of words. "Dizzy or high" implies a more innocent and general condition. If you edit your question to refine your intent - the answers can be more precise. The same goes with always - are you meaning continually (without end) or habitually (with great repetition).
    – bmike
    Aug 29, 2011 at 16:26
  • 1
    I would choose 'Space Cadet' or even 'Moon Unit' but sadly those are two-word answers. Jan 20, 2017 at 14:42

3 Answers 3


A person that is dizzy or high WITHOUT drugs might be described as "giddy."

(But maybe the associated adrenaline is a "drug.")


If you want to refer to someone who is always on drugs, you can call them a stoner. This primarily refers to someone who uses cannabis (marijuana), but you could apply it to mean anyone on drugs.

A more formal term is addict:

a person who is unable to stop taking harmful drugs

  • In some dialects of English getting "stoned" means the same as getting "drunk". Trinidadian, for example. Caused no end of giggles whenever my university friend suggested we go get stoned. Aug 29, 2011 at 12:25
  • 1
    The use of addict is general to all abusers - depressants, narcotics, stimulants, etc... It's hard to argue that one meaning of high is synonymous with stoner - but it doesn't imply the "dizzy" very much for me.
    – bmike
    Aug 29, 2011 at 16:30

If you wanted to be clever, you could describe someone who is always dizzy as vertiginous. This is how I describe myself when having bouts of vertigo.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.