I there a word that best describes someone who forcefully describes or explains them self to others?

  • Maybe overbearing
    – Jim
    Jun 2, 2017 at 22:48
  • This person is a narcissist. Jun 3, 2017 at 5:50

1 Answer 1


I believe the verb you need to include is expound. The noun expounder does exist, but it is unusual.

My own syntax would be something like: Jim expounds vehemently on why he thinks Britain should remain in the European Union.

Oxford Dictionary Online

expound (v) present and explain (a theory or an idea) in detail: (trans) he was expounding a powerful argument (intrans) he declined to expound on his decision.

By itself expound does not entirely get across the idea of forcefulness, (though it is stronger than explain)) and hence the need to add the adverb vehemently.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.