I am trying to remember the phrase used to refer to the management and up-keep of large mechanical automated devices (i.e. the management of the fans used in a tunnel).

It refers to usually a manager or engineer who ensures that all the mechanical assets are services, checked and looked after regularly.

It is something along the same lines as "fleet management" or "hardware management" but I can't remember the turn of phrase.

  • We might call that person a facilities manager or systems manager. – Canis Lupus May 18 '17 at 23:26
  • "plant" engineer is another one I've heard. Like a sewage treatment system or something. – Tom22 May 19 '17 at 3:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.