I'm doing research on wind speed and direction modelling. For previous models, people need different models for wind speed, and direction, and they need to be fitted independently.

Now I'm proposing a universal model. That is, it takes into wind speed and direction at the same time, so it can both model the wind speed, direction and the joint distribution of wind speed and direction.

I want to know, how can I call this model?

Now I call it universal model, since it applies to wind speed and direction. but is it proper? I feel that a universal model may more toward that the model can be applied to different locations, circumstances etc., and my naming is inproper.

Or holistic model?

  • 3
    How about a unified model - modeled after en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_field_theory Commented May 10, 2017 at 7:49
  • Multi-model ?
    – dangph
    Commented May 10, 2017 at 7:54
  • 1
    Not an answer in a linguistic sense, but it sounds as if you have discovered vectors. They're not new, even in meteorology - I regularly see weather reports using them: arrows on a map indicating wind speed and direction.
    – oerkelens
    Commented May 10, 2017 at 8:06
  • @oerkelens yes, it's essentially vector. The problem is that most people don't model wind speed and direction using vector, for they don't know what model to use. And that's one of the highlight of my research.
    – ZK Zhao
    Commented May 10, 2017 at 11:21

1 Answer 1


A combined model incorporating both the speed and direction of wind.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.