I am searching for the official or widely accepted US term for a scientist or science, which work on growing human organs in animals.

Google search: growth of human organs in animals

I saw it in a documentary, erased it and have no idea if this would be acceptable for a logline:

"A pregnant, growing human organ scientist turns unwanted homegrown terrorist…"


The term "organ scientist" isn't really in use. You might go for "geneticist", or just a "biologist". This kind of research is part of the field of "biotech", and the specific term for growing human parts in a different species for transfer is "xenotransplantation".

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    – Thanks for all the data you have provided in your answer. “Geneticist” is a bit too soft for this sort of story and “xenotransplantation” is a tongue-breaker (a logline should flow like a poem when one reads it). It must be clear how far the consequences would go is something like this happens. I like biotech. That sounds fantastic. Would that be okay? "A pregnant biotech scientist turns unwanted homegrown terrorist…" – Syk May 6 '17 at 5:59
  • Or better still, try "bioengineer"? – Josh Friedlander May 6 '17 at 18:48
  • 1
    From four words down to one - a stroke of a genius. Thank you. – Syk May 8 '17 at 7:44
  • Happy to help :) – Josh Friedlander May 8 '17 at 7:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.