I've looked for synonyms for prostrate, lie etc. but nothing has stirred my memory of this exotic word that reminds me of 'gastrification' for some reason. Said word also has a 'p' in it somewhere... probably.

closed as unclear what you're asking by Cascabel, k1eran, Edwin Ashworth, Drew, Glorfindel Apr 27 '17 at 8:40

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • lol can someone comment what is unclear instead of downvoting multiple times? i haven't edited yet, please let me know what is unclear, question has been answered but it will help me when asking more questions. – Aditya Raj Bhatt Apr 29 '17 at 2:26

Do you mean genuflect?

Genuflection (or genuflexion), bending at least one knee to the ground, was from early times a gesture of deep respect for a superior. The Latin word genuflectio, from which the English word is derived, originally meant kneeling rather than the rapid dropping to one knee and immediately rising that became customary in Western Europe in the Middle Ages.


Are you sure you're not thinking of grovel

(Merriam-Webster) defines it as:

1 to creep with the face to the ground : crawl

2a to lie or creep with the body prostrate in token of subservience or abasement

  • thank you for this, i'm surprised i forgot 'grovel'. although this answer is a perfect candidate, i marked the one with 'genuflect' since that was the word i couldn't recall in the first place. – Aditya Raj Bhatt Apr 29 '17 at 2:24

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.