It's like a portrait, but it's of several people, not just one. It's a still frame (as opposed to something like a video or movie), but a "still life" only depicts inanimate objects, so that term doesn't work, either.

  • I'm certainly no authority on art, but how about "a group study"?
    – WS2
    Apr 20, 2017 at 18:49
  • 5
    A group portrait, if people are involved.
    – Lambie
    Apr 20, 2017 at 19:09

1 Answer 1


Um... group portrait?

By the very existence of the term "group portrait", clearly such a thing exists. One can also say "individual portrait", but generally the implication of the term alone is that a single person is portrayed.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.