Just want a good word to use. :) I feel as if bounce back isn't really that..sophisticated, I guess of a word. Thanks!

closed as off-topic by vickyace, Skooba, k1eran, Canis Lupus, Andrew Leach Apr 6 '17 at 20:53

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on choosing an ideal word or phrase must include information on how it will be used in order to be answered. For help writing a good word or phrase request, see: About single word requests" – vickyace, Skooba, k1eran, Canis Lupus, Andrew Leach
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    You can look for its synonyms. Recoup, recuperate, convalesce... – vickyace Apr 6 '17 at 17:58
  • I you don't want a "re" word, you can say somthing like "get back on course", or "get back to form" or "get back to par" – Tom22 Apr 6 '17 at 18:04
  • "back on an even keel", or "off the bench/back in the game" – George Erhard Apr 6 '17 at 18:16
  • Ricochet, recoil, backfire, and the ever unsophisticated "return". – Canis Lupus Apr 6 '17 at 20:38


Definition of rebound intransitive verb

1 a : to spring back on or as if on collision or impact with another body

b : to recover from setback or frustration ....


How about ricochet?

"A rebound or skipping, as of a ball along the ground when a gun is fired at a low angle of elevation, or of a fiat stone thrown along the surface of water."

Sounds sophisticated enough to me lol

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.