I am wondering how I could say this with just one or a few words, but I cannot seem to be able to find a correct sounding way of saying it. House painting student? House painter in training? Soon-to-be house painter? It all sounds very stiff and clunky, and so far google has been of no help.

I would use it in a short introduction of myself, one that is formatted similarly to "30. Male. Applied biologist. Artist.", so it does not need to be formal at all. The course I am attending is not an apprenticeship, so I am guessing calling myself an apprentice would be incorrect, too.

  • 2
    Trainee decorator would sound most natural to me.
    – JonLarby
    Mar 28 '17 at 9:27
  • @Cascabel Europe! I'm sorry if this is a repeat question, I tried to look for one but couldn't find any that answered my question.
    – user227441
    Mar 28 '17 at 19:06
  • I added the tag for British English. If you want something different you can edit to add the tag.
    – Cascabel
    Mar 28 '17 at 19:19
  • I found a post about American equivalent for BrE decorator/painter., but it does not address the issue of trainee.
    – Cascabel
    Mar 28 '17 at 19:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.