My first question here, let me know if I am missing some details.

Basically, I need to find the right word to represent a specific entity.

How can I call someone who reacts to something? Not necessarily in an impulsive way. Just reacting to something.

At first, I thought something about "reagent" but I discovered it's a technical (chemistry) word.

  • Welcome to English Language & Usage. Single word requests must include a sample sentence demonstrating how the word would be used. – Glorfindel Mar 26 '17 at 9:49

You could use the word responder, derived from the verb to respond:

to do something as a reaction to something that has happened or been done

source: Merriam-Webster

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.