In an application targeted to US users for stocks analysis, they can select the period used in the calculation and the idea is to differentiate between immediate available data vs aligned fractions of the year/month/week.
For example, if I say "Previous 3 months" and you look at it from February, the app should calculate from October-December and not November-January, I need the terms to describe these periods.
- Previous Day
- Previous Week (7 days)
- Previous Fortnight (14 days)
- Previous Bimester (2 months)
- Previous Trimester (3 months)
- Previous Quadrimester (4 months)
- Previous Semester (6 months)
- Previous Year
Are these terms used in the US? If not, are there alternatives? Thanks