I'm trying to set up a naming convention for some software I'm working on, and I need a name for the thing that people subscribe to. In my model we have:
- Subscriber (a person)
- Subscription (the 'link' between the person and the thing being subscribed to.
- ??? (The thing that the person has subscribed to).
In this case, ??? needs to be some generic name. I'm currently using 'Series', but that's not self-explanatory, and is also somewhat painful (in the software environment I'm using) as the singular and plural is the same.
As an analogy, we might have:
- Employee (the person who is employed)
- Employment (the position/role of the person)
- Employer (the company or person providing the position)
Except that 'employment' is continuous, and I need a discrete term: the subscriber receives a series of individual 'things' as part of their subscription, rather than a recurring payment for a continuous service.