I am looking for a noun that has identical or similar meanings to the following:
(a) Powerful feeling that overwhelms someone, often clouding their judgement. (b) passion (c) excessive love for something (d) moral suffering
Also, if possible, an adjective form of this noun would be useful.
An example sentence is added below (and for the adjective form):
1) However, the night unchains the azure’s potentiality, channelling its fury through relentless waves that permeate even the calmest psyche. The ocean’s nocturne nature makes me, inevitably, compare it to the _____ and tumultuous man’s nature which hides its decadence in a facile obscurity.
More example sentences:
2) He's a ____ man that lost his wealth to gambling.(for the adjective form)
3) Overindulging in drinking and whoring around is the mark of the _____. (for the noun form)
4) He is thinking about her all the time. He's ____ about her.
5) A great _____ blinded him, and thus he texted her back.