I mean the person who manipulates/edits images for a magazine, for example, or for an ad, outdoor, for a photographer or whatever.

Photo editor is what comes to mind, but it sounds to me like something old, coming from the time newspapers were the main media for delivering news.

A more modern term probably exists...

  • 1
    "Photo retoucher" may fit for a photo editing operator.
    – Graffito
    Commented Feb 13, 2017 at 22:01

2 Answers 2


Photoshopper is a term that is used with the meaning you are suggesting:

  • Someone who photoshops.

  • One who digitally alters photographs.

Usage examples:

  • 1999, Anne B. Keating & Joseph Hargitai, The Wired Professor, A Guide to Incorporating the World Wide Web in College Instruction, NYU Press, p 98: Each band is composed of a Hypertextualist, a Multimedium, and a Photoshopper, and these form “guilds” for working in the computer lab.

  • 2004, L'Architecture d'aujourd'hui, nn 350–351, University of Michigan, p 104: The theorist Brett Steele sees in Mies van der Rohe the fist ‘Photoshopper’, the architect who anticipated our present-day modes of producing and processing imagery.



Graphic Artist or Graphic Designer is the official job title for one who holds this profession.

  • OK, but I think graphic artist or graphic designer is more generic. Photoshopper is more specific... thanks anyway. +1
    – Duck
    Commented Feb 15, 2017 at 15:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.