Lately, some fruit like kiwis have been sold with a spoon and knife combo.

Is there a term for these implements? I tried looking up spife and knoon but it came out empty. All I get is sporks and more sporks.

Edit I just looked up spife again: must have type it incorrectly the last time. It is called a spife. Wiki says it is called something else but when I looked up that word it was Czech for some female private parts.

Would the plural be spifes or spives?


I would recommend the plural form "spives" keeping in chronology with the latter half of the word knife's plural as "knives".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.